Dealer Tire Among Plain Dealer’s 2017 Top Workplaces
July 19, 2017
CLEVELAND, OH—June 19, 2017—Dealer Tire, a Cleveland-based tire distributor, has been named a 2017 Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio by the Cleveland Plain Dealer. Companies were selected as top workplaces based solely on the results of an associate feedback survey administered by an independent research firm.
Dealer Tire was named a Top Workplace Achiever in 2016, the first year the company participated in the survey.
Some of the highlights for Dealer Tire in the 2017 Top Workplaces survey included:
- • Dealer Tire ranked 26th out of 73 midsize companies. In 2016 the company was ranked 41st out of 81 companies.
- • Dealer Tire was ranked second out of 22 wholesale distribution companies. In 2016 the company ranked 8th out of 25 companies.
- • Nearly 87% of Dealer Tire associates said they would highly recommend working at the company to others.
- • More than 85% of Dealer Tire associates said the company motivates them to give their very best at work.
- • Eighty-eight percent of associates said they feel genuinely appreciated at Dealer Tire.
- • Eighty-four percent of Dealer Tire associates said their managers make their jobs easier, while 85% said their managers care about their concerns.
“We have always made associate engagement an important focus at Dealer Tire,” said Scott Mueller, Partner and CEO of Dealer Tire. “We survey our associates each year, and the insights gained from these and other touchpoints help us develop benefits that associates want. With the recent move to our new headquarters, we believe that our physical setting now matches the quality of our work and benefits environments.”
241 Northeast Ohio companies took part in the 2017 Plain Dealer Top Workplaces survey, with 150 selected as top workplaces. Dealer Tire has approximately 500 associates in Northeast Ohio and more than 1,200 across the U.S.
About Dealer Tire
Dealer Tire is a family business that was founded in 1999 by the then owners of the former Mueller Tire & Brake, a Cleveland-based retail chain founded in 1918. Dealer Tire manages replacement tire and parts programs for 19 automotive OEMs. It serves more than 10,000 automotive dealerships from 38 distribution centers across the U.S. For more information about Dealer Tire, visit www.dealertire.com